We currently have a vacancy for the role of Sekreterare and an exciting opportunity to get involved with the brand new New Professionals and Student Relations Committee.
Volontärarbete för SLA Europa kan vara en fantastisk möjlighet att bli mer engagerade i det vidare yrket. Några fördelar är:
- networking with those who are involved with and are often leading figures in the library and information profession, samt från en mängd olika branscher;
- learning transferable and valuable skills;
- attending, bidra till och leda möten (vare sig praktiskt taget eller personligen), och göra en verklig skillnad till medlemmens erfarenhet och för att främja biblioteket och informationsyrket.
If you have any questions or if you would like to express an interest in any of the roles, vänligen kontakta . More details can be found below.
Kvaliteter & erfarenhet inhämtade:
- English language skills to take the minutes of board meetings
- Experience with Google Docs and Google Groups is advantageous
- SLA member
- Serving as a member of the Executive Board and supporting the President in governance matters
- Ensuring all Board meetings and decisions are documented by taking minutes
- Acting as a person of constitutional reference for the Chapter and ensuring the Chapter Terms of Reference are accurate and up to date.
New Professionals and Student Relations Committee
Recruiting for a Committee Chair and Committee members. Coordinates SLA Europe contact with new professionals (IE. less than 5 years in the profession) and students in library, information and knowledge-management related university courses to provide information about award opportunities and SLA Europe activities, and to recruit them as new SLA members.
- The Committee Chair serves as a member of the Advisory Board and prepares a report for the monthly Board meeting.
- Facilitates mentoring relationships between someone who is new to the profession and a more experienced person in the field.
- Encourages new professional and student members to seek out volunteering opportunities within SLA Europe.
- Promotes, encourages and develops relations between the members of SLA Europe and students and faculty members of graduate courses in library/information science. This could involve working offering free entry/special rates for library school students to SLA Europe events, and organising specific events targeted at students.
- Contacts library schools to inform them of SLA Europe activities and awards and to encourage students to attend SLA Europe events.
- Works with Awards Chair for any student or new professional awards, (IE. ECCAS).
- Works with Membership Chair to recruit new professional and student members.
- Submits announcements and articles concerning students and new professionals to the Digital Communications Chair.
- Encourages other board members to consider student and new professionals in SLA Europe activities.