Legal Division requirements
Thank you for considering applying for an ECCA award with the Legal Division! We are proud of how, hanesyddol, we have built up a strong relationship with our ECCA winners, who have gone on to stay involved with the work of the Division. Please see below for prerequisites of applying for the Legal Division award:
Rhaid i'r derbynnydd
- Work in a law library or have a proven interest in legal information management.
- Commit to attending the 2018 SLA Annual Conference in Baltimore.
- Bod yn aelod o, or join, the Legal Division by the time of the conference.
- Write an article about the conference to be published in the Legal Division Docket.
- Attendance and participation is strongly encouraged for all Legal Division conference events, but is mandatory for the following (dates & times subject to change; locations TBD):
- Legal Division Board Meeting (Saturday June 16, 2018 - 12:00)
- Legal Division Reception (Sunday June 17 - 19:00)
- Annual Breakfast & Legal Division Business Meeting (Ddydd Llun, Mehefin 18 - 07:00)
Mae'r derbynnydd ei annog i
- Volunteer to serve the Legal Division after the conference – this could be for a position on the Board, volunteering at conferences and events, or managing social media and marketing materials.
- Use social media during the conference, and take pictures (pictures taken during the conference can be reused by the Legal Division on a non-exclusive licensing basis).
- Network widely, discover new ideas and concepts, and have a great time!