Call for inspirational papers and talks
SLA Europe will be holding its first conference in Cambridge on September 5-6th 2019. Join us as a speaker – we are looking for enthusiastic speakers on any topic related to being an information professional.
Papers must be relevant to participants from a range of sectors and fit the overall conference theme of “Future Ready”.
- Has your experience as an information professional led to a creative solution to a problem shared by your peers?
- Is there a method you would like to share for anticipating future needs and ensuring that your organisation/service is ready to meet those needs?
- Do you have a story to tell on how AI, the Internet of Things or other recent developments have helped or hindered your library or information professional role?
- Has your role and how you perform your job been affected by fundamentally new working practices or workplace culture?
We want to encourage submissions in the full range of areas represented in SLA, a list of which is available at https://www.sla.org/get-involved/divisions/.
- Are there lessons to be learned from managing and leading in government libraries or from the academic & education sectors?
- Is your experience in the STEM disciplines? How do YOU see the future for your field?
- Do you work in business and finance or competitive intelligence? What sorts of information will your users want in the next 10 years that will be different to what they wanted 5 år siden?
- How will information be catalogued or even viewed in 2025? Are there any taxonomic or social changes that will significantly change our professional lives? Or perhaps we’ll all be solo librarians?
Fristen for innlevering av forslag er bestått,,en,og vi er nå i ferd med å tegne konferanseprogrammet,,en,Skulle du ha savnet dette,,en,Vi er villige til å vurdere ytterligere relevante og kvalitetssikrede forslag mottatt senest,,en,Hvis du er interessert,,en,Vennligst gjør innleveringen din ved å bruke linken under,,en,Vi burde være takknemlige hvis du også skulle varsle oss på,,en, and we now are in the process drawing up the conference programme. Should you have missed this, we are willing to consider any further relevant and good quality proposals received no later than 14 Juni 2019. If you are interested, please make your submission using the link below; we should be grateful if you would also notify us at
Abstracts of no more than 350 words should be submitted using the online form: https://tinyurl.com/y4zbk53k.
In your abstract, make sure to include information about why your topic matters for information professionals and what participants will take away from this session. Submissions will be considered by the SLA Europe Conference Committee considering the following criteria:
- Topic of interest to expected participants
- Active engagement of participants, especially in the 40 minute interactive sessions
- Fit with conference theme – “Future ready”.
Submissions are highly encouraged from speakers from traditionally underrepresented groups within the information profession such as BAME, LGBTQ , or people with disabilities. We will also be aiming to achieve balance across the programme between corporate, akademiske, government and voluntary sectors.
Notes on session types 10 minute talks:
Inspirational ideas that can be presented with little or no use of slides (similar in style to TED talks): Disse 10 minute talks will be limited to no more than 3 slides as the aim is to persuade with your words rather than slides.
20 minute briefings: These talks may be suitable for sharing case studies or exploring a topic in a bit more detail. Please allow 5 minutes for questions within the 20 minute slot.
40 minutes sessions: These can take almost any format (mini-workshop, panel discussion, round table…) as long as they involve active participation of those attending.
- 18 Mars 2019 – Call for papers opens
- 11th May 2019 – Call for papers closes
- TBC,,en,SLA Europe medlemmer og deltakere av Internet Librarian International er invitert til å blande seg over drinker i en pub som ligger nær utstillingen,,en,Del dine tanker med andre informasjonspersonell trukket fra alle hjørner av kloden og bransjer,,en,Utvikle dine internasjonale kontakter uformelt over drinker i en tradisjonell London pub,,en – Authors of submissions notified of programming committee decision
- TBC,,en,SLA Europe medlemmer og deltakere av Internet Librarian International er invitert til å blande seg over drinker i en pub som ligger nær utstillingen,,en,Del dine tanker med andre informasjonspersonell trukket fra alle hjørner av kloden og bransjer,,en,Utvikle dine internasjonale kontakter uformelt over drinker i en tradisjonell London pub,,en – Deadline for authors of submissions to confirm participation
- 23 August 2019 – Slides, handouts and other supporting materials to be submitted
Special Libraries Association (SLA) is a non-profit global organization for innovative information professionals and their strategic partners in business, regjeringen, akademiske, and other “specialized” settings. If you manage information and/or knowledge resources for organizations and their stakeholders— such as business executives, government agency staff, university faculty and students, association members, non-profit funders, and law firm partners—SLA is your professional home! SLA fremmer og styrker sine medlemmer gjennom læring, nettverk, and community building initiatives. SLA Europe is SLA’s European Chapter, bringing together information professionals as both individuals and organisations across Europe to benefit from each others’ knowledge and experience. To find out more and to join SLA, vennligst besøk https://www.sla.org/.